- 1 quart of strawberries, washed and hulled
- 3 c. red wine
- 3 T. honey
- 1 half gallon best-quality vanilla bean ice cream
- Place the strawberries on grill grate over embers. As they cook, turn them gently so they cook evenly. You want to cook them very gently so they absorb the wisps of smoke from the fire, but you don’t want them to char or blacken or get grill marks, just cook gently so they are warm, plum, and soft.
- When they’re cooked, remove them to a pan and set aside.
- While the strawberries are cooking, reduce red wine down to 1 cup in a small saucepan. When reduced, swirl in honey. Serve strawberries over vanilla ice cream, drizzled with red wine sauce.