- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup espresso, allowed to cool slightly
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter, 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks, and the unsweetened chocolate together in a medium bowl in the microwave (list directions.) Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Slowly whisk in the espresso a little at a time, then stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the flour, the baking powder and salt and whisk into the chocolate mixture just until combined. Toss together the remaining chocolate chunks and one tablespoon of flour and fold them into the brownie batter. Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop batter into five 3 1/2 inch cast iron skillets (sprayed with cooking spray) and place them on a sheet pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top and drizzled with chocolate sauce.